PCI SSC’s 9 Steps to Security
PaidYET is completely compliant with PCI SCC data security standards so that in addition to the convenience of payment links and integrated invoicing capabilities, merchants can relax knowing their virtual point of sale solution is secure. In addition to using PaidYET, here are 9 of the PCI SCC’s best practices.
As stated by the PCI SCC’s website, these 9 best practices are a model framework for security that works for some of the world’s largest corporations:
- Buy and use only approved PIN entry devices at your points-of-sale.
- Buy and use only validated payment software at your POS or website shopping cart.
- Do not store any sensitive cardholder data in computers or on paper.
- Use a firewall on your network and PCs.
- Encrypt and password your wireless internet connection.
- Use strong passwords. Be sure to change default passwords on hardware and software – most are unsafe.
- Regularly check PIN entry devices and PCs to make sure no one has installed rogue software or “skimming” devices.
- Teach your employees about security and protecting cardholder data.
- Follow the PCI Data Security Standard.