Commitment to Privacy and Security
PaidYET and its operating entity Paymintz and its a-ffiliates, (collectively, “PaidYET”) are committed to safeguarding the privacy and security of the information we collect. This Privacy Statement explains the policies we follow with respect to the handling of customer information collected by PaidYET.
Information We Collect
PaidYET’s customers, the customers of its affiliates, and the customers of other third-parties for which PaidYET may provide outsourced or subcontracted processing services, (“Merchants”) are businesses and other legal entities desiring to accept credit or debit cards or other payment methods, as payment for goods or services, and to utilize various related services that PaidYET provides.
How we collect information about you
When you visit the PidYET website or use the PaidYET Services, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you open an account or use the PaidYET Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information – your name, address, phone, email, Skype ID and other similar information.
- Financial information – the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your PaidYET account or give us when you use the PaidYET Services.
Before permitting you to use the PaidYET Services, we may require you to provide additional information we can use to verify your identity or address or manage risk, such as your date of birth, social security number or other information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services. Third party authentication services or mobile number verification systems may be used to collect data for security, identity verification, authentication or other related purposes with the PaidYET payment services.
When you are using the PaidYET Services, we collect information about your transactions and your other activities on our website or using the PaidYET Services and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways such as contacts with our customer support team or results when you respond to a survey from interactions with merchants other companies.
We send a “session cookie” to your computer when you log in to your account or otherwise use the PaidYET Services. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect. We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your e-mail address on our sign-in form, so that you don’t need to retype the e-mail address each time you log in to your account.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website. We may also collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk and for fraud prevention purposes.
You may encounter cookies from third parties when using the PaidYET Services on websites that we do not control (for example, if you view a web page created by a third party or use an application developed by a third party, there may be a cookie placed by that web page or application.)
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US and elsewhere in the world where PaidYET facilities are located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
Responsibility of Merchants
Merchants are also required to comply with various rules and regulations of the various credit and debit card organizations and networks relating to the security and safeguarding Cardholder Data, including, but not limited to, PCI, CISP and SDP. Merchants may be required to undergo periodic third-party data security assessments and periodic network scans to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the PaidYET Services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve the PaidYET Services and the content and layout of our website and applications;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the PaidYET Services, content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference by logging into your account and going to the Account Setup under the Account Settings and adjusting your preferences, or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
How we share personal information with other PaidYET users
To process your payments, we may share some of your personal information with the person or company that you are paying or that is paying you. Your contact information, date of sign-up, the number of payments you have received from PaidYET, may be provided to other PaidYET users and merchants who you transact with through PaidYET. In addition, this and other information may also be shared with third parties when you use these third parties to access or with the PaidYET Services. If you are buying goods or services and pay through PaidYET, we may also provide the merchant with your confirmed credit card billing address to help complete your transaction with the seller. The seller is not allowed to use this information to market their services to you unless you have agreed to it. If an attempt to pay your seller fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide your seller with details of the unsuccessful payment. To facilitate dispute resolutions, we may provide a buyer with the seller’s address so that goods can be returned to the seller.
We work with third parties, including merchants, to enable them to accept or facilitate payments from or to you using PaidYET. In doing so, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address or mobile phone number to inform you that a payment is sent to you or when you attempt to pay that merchant or through that third party. We use this information to confirm that you are a PaidYET customer and that PaidYET as a form of payment can be enabled, or where a payment is sent to you to send you notification that you have received a payment. Also, if you request that we validate your status as a PaidYET customer with a third party, we will do so. Please note that merchants you buy from and contract with have their own privacy policies, and PaidYET may not be held responsible for their operations, including, but not limited to, their information practices.
When you agree to make a payment using the PaidYET services, you agree to allow PaidYET authentication services to pre-populate a secure masked token of your account information, including card number and bank account numbers, in order to facilitate secure and encrypted processing of payments you initialize. Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you through PaidYET or with the third parties that offer or use the PaidYET Services, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a credit card rules, subpoena or other legal process.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Members of the PaidYET or Paymintz corporate family — to provide joint content, products and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Financial institutions that we partner with to jointly create and offer product or services, like to determine whether you should receive pre-approved offers. These financial institutions may only use this information to market PaidYET-related products, unless you have given consent for other uses.
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for checking or inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you meet their criteria which includes having PaidYET close your PaidYET Account due to your breach of the PaidYET User Agreement).
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
PaidYET will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
Modifications to Privacy Statement
We continue to review our policies and procedures to assure that they are effective in meeting our commitments to our Merchants. PaidYET reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement without notice at any time and from time to time, including as needed to comply with the rules and regulations of the various debit and credit card organizations, or to comply with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
If you have a question or comment regarding this Privacy Statement or Safe Harbor Privacy please contact:
525 S. Douglas
El Segundo, CA 90245